Personal Manager Agreement
- Exclusive Manager
- Sole Manager
- Length of term
- Options to extend (mutual or one party only)
- What needed to verify
- Consents over certain amounts
- Pre-approvals of certain types of expenditures
- Deduct from income
- Mode of travel (coach vs. first class, hotel vs. motel,
compact vs. luxury car rental, etc.)
- Fees and Percentages
- How much.
- What if fired?
- What if new manager? Paying two managers?
- Limits of how long fees to be received after termination
- Does old manager share in improved terms negotiated on
a prior agreement by new manager?
- Are songwriting royalties to be excluded?--Musicians
- Other Clients and Activities
- Manager may have other clients or be exclusive to artists
- Manager may have other activities, such as being a Producer
- Power of Attorney
- Authority to sign or not sign agreements without consulting
- Sign, deposit or cash checks
- Separate escrow accounts for monies received by manager,
or deposited into general account
- Final approval on photos and publicity-who has
- Loans From Manager to Artist
- Yes or no
- How paid back
- Interest, if any
- Key Man Clause
- If manager is at management company and leaves, does
contract terminate, go to new management company, or is new manager
Copyright © 2013 by Michael Norman
Saleman. All rights reserved.
Licensed in Texas and California.